Well we aren’t particularly diligent at blogging this trip. We have only posted once so far and we have had 900km worth of experiences to tell! It turns out that cycle touring with two children leaves little time for much else. It is also a telling fact that while we have seen scores of people cycle touring, we haven’t met any other family with small children who are on a long tour…
Happily, despite being all consuming we have been having an enriching time. As each kilometres clicks by we seem to draw closer as a family.
Our cycling has taken us down the length of the Netherlands, through the Ardennes region of Belgium, Luxembourg and we are currently cycling along the Moselle river in Germany. From here we intersect with the Rhine and follow it back into the Netherlands.
- Hugging calves and hippopotami
- The most incredible cave system we have ever seen in the Ardennes, Belgium.
- Walking on the moon at the Euro Space Centre in the middle of a forest!
- The hidden castle – one of the few castles in Europe Napoleon didn’t conquer because unlike us he couldn’t find it!
- Being a spectacle that gives people something to stare at! Yes, we are a bit of a travelling circus 😉